It's only a few short days till I head off to Portland for OSCON, and as usual, I've got a bunch of things I want to get done in the meantime...
- Read over my presentation again, and do a couple of practice runs. It's been a while since I looked at it, and actually remembering what slide comes next makes for a much better presentation in the long run.
- Finish up the example for my new O'Reillynet article so I can actually write the thing. Note to self, when writing an article it's always best to actually have a working example to write about.
- Get some work done on Lucene4C, since it's been kind of stagnating lately and it'd be nice to have something mostly working so I can try to suck some other people into helping out.
- Read over the conference schedule so I can have at least some idea what presentations I want to hit.
- Find out where the conference hotel is, since they changed it this year, and figure out what the best way to get there from the airport is.
And of course, I've got another list of things to do at the conference itself...
- Find a replacement for VQ so we can resume the yearly tradition of taking over a convenient bar and drinking until far too late in the evening on as many nights as is practical.
- Track down brian d foy and other like minded individuals to talk about a non-perl specific magazine along the lines of The Perl Review.
- Make a concerted attempt to show up at the JSAN BOF/Hackathon.
- Make a trip to Powell's and try to get out without spending all of my money.
- Hang out with all the people I only see at conferences, and continue to add to that set of people.
- Actually go to some conference sessions and maybe even learn something ;-)