So a few notes from my experience with panther this weekend:
- New Emacs from CVS (that's the only place to get a version that works with Aqua) doesn't work with the syntax highlighting in nxml-mode. That's annoying. If it didn't take so damn long to build I'd try moving back to a previous version to see when the breakage happened, but for now I can't be bothered.
- A New version of Firebird is out, correcting many OS X specific problems in the last version. And damn, does it start up quickly. I'm quite impressed.
- Panther doesn't have an 'internet' preferences panel, in order to change your default browser you have to go into the Safari preferences. That's kind of lame.
- iPods are just the coolest thing ever.
- Fast User Switching is quite cool. I'm running a non-admin user now, just to see what it's like.